my browser's been hijacked and turns off zonealarm

Emperor Penguin 01:20 07 Dec 04

i think it might be called fastwebsearch.com, at least that's the name which appears at the bottom of IE when i press the "remove toolbar" button on this horrible invader. it's slowed everything right down and repeatedly switches off zone alarm. i tried running spybot and that has slowed to a crawl, making it virtually impossible to do a scan, although i doubt that it could remove it anyway. Ad aware didn't see it and neither can cwshredder. AVG didn't detect it either.

AndySD 01:44 07 Dec 04

Try running CWShredder click here and BHO Deamon click here if these dont work try running Hijack this from the first link. You will need to post the log file though.

rawprawn 07:34 07 Dec 04

Download and run a 30 day free trial of Spy Sweeper from click here

Jeffers22 07:56 07 Dec 04

Post a HijackThis log. One of the experts will no doubt offer the appropriate advice.

Nelmon2k 08:18 07 Dec 04

If i remember rightly you get mywebsearch from downloading smiley central. If you looks through the Licence agreement it says you are downloading it. Its add/remove programs but i cant find what its called.

wx622 08:29 07 Dec 04

just as a precaution....

This is ZoneAlarm Pro you are talking about?
Anyway, make sure "Protect the ZoneAlarm Client" checkbox is ticked. This will hopefully stop the rogue toolbar from shutting ZoneAlarm down.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:49 07 Dec 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac