My browser keeps pausing(IE6)

Mev 12:38 29 Aug 03

My system runs on windows98SE and my browser is Internet Explorer 6. Every so often when i click on a link (at least once in every ten minutes) my browser appears not to respond for about 30 seconds. The pointer turns into the pointer plus eggtimer icon, my firewall shows no internet activity and the connection icon in the system tray shows no activity. After about 30 seconds it all comes back to life and the link will open. This is especially annoying to me as i fork out 30 quid a month for a broadband connection. Fast surfing? Not at my house. This problem also occurs when i type an address into the address bar and hit go or even sometimes when i load my browser, it takes ages for the connection dialog box even to appear.

Thanks to anyone who can help!!

SEASHANTY 15:22 29 Aug 03

Try installing another browser. Either of the free ones Opera or Mozilla. Available from this PCA DOWNLOADS link if you don't have one on a free mag cdrom disc.

john-232317 16:29 29 Aug 03

This will give you a speed test click here

vienna1981 16:35 29 Aug 03

I use Win98se and IE6 and I used to have a 56k dial-up connection. I had the same problem, but ever since I got braodband its practically disappeared (every now and again a web page will pause, but its only certain sites!) Who is your ISP? My dial-up was with NTL, but so far no problem with NTL broadband.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…