My brothers PC Is knackered

chinochi 13:53 23 Feb 06

The other night my brother shut his computer as normal and the following day he tried to start it up again. He pressed the start button and the Pc began to load up, the usual beep noise was heard and the Pc continued to load. It then brought a screen informing that the Pc had encountered a problem, and the likely source was conflict caused by newly installed hardware. The screen itself had a timer counting from 30 down with options to start the computer in safe mode, normal mode and another two options. Now here begins the problem. Not matter which option you choose to load the Pc, the Pc will begin to load then very quickly flash up a blue screen with writing on it, and is gone in a split second. directly after this it noise of the fan decreases somewhat then the windows logo and blue loading bar appears and after a few seconds, the Pc will just shut itself down and begin to restart. its been like this for a few days now and we haven;t a baldy what to do with it. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. I forgot to mention the pc is a compacq and is roughly 9 months old. Thanks in adavance.

Diemmess 14:21 23 Feb 06

It being less than 12 months old my first choice would be to have it repaired as Compacq's responsibility.

Diemmess 14:55 23 Feb 06

If return is not an option then since it would seem to be a software problem (with constant rebooting) what are the other options..... is there not one to boot from a previous working version?

chinochi 15:24 23 Feb 06

I dont recall an option such as to boot from a previous working version, but then i may not have been playing that much attention. I know there was an option to restart in safe mode and restart in normal mode. There was also another safe mode related option then a forth im not sure about. Can find out exactly tonight (at work at the minute) and get back to you tomorrow. Would there be any other information that i may be overlooking? if so could you let me know and i'll also find this out.

iambeavis 15:36 23 Feb 06

I think Diemmess may mean "Last Known Good Configuration" - click here

chinochi 15:48 23 Feb 06

cheers for the link i'll give it a go tonight and see how it fairs. i'll be back on tomorrow to let you know how it went.

chinochi 13:31 28 Feb 06

Thanks, for all the help and advice given but my bro decided to do a system recovery and lost everything but his pc is working properly now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…