My Broadband is SLOW

Chaz2003 16:25 23 Jan 03
  Chaz2003 16:25 23 Jan 03

Hi i have broadband on my computer through NTl and it is slower now but i dont know what is up with it and i done a speed test and it says it was poor can anyone tell me what could be wrong and how to fixe it.

Please

BrianW 16:33 23 Jan 03

Have you checked on the NTL Broadband Home Server Status? I find that if my system is slow they quite often report a fault there (sometimes after it is resolved!). If it occurs at specific times of the day (08-00 to 09-00 and 16-00 to 17-30) you may simply be seeing the effect of a lot of people trying to get on the pipe at the same time, it definitely slows things down a lot.

obbit 16:40 23 Jan 03

Hi Chaz.......as stated by BrianW it may be the amount of traffic but to check ntl statusclick here you might have some spyware on your Hdd. try spybot click here or ad-aware click here both are free and very good. could be good as the first idea if not call ntl 151 and report a suspected fault

hope this helps

obbit

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…