"My Book" - Mouse Conflict?

Air_Man 17:04 17 Jan 07

I have just setup a "My Book" 500GB backup device and Acronis True Image 10 Home. However, I am now experiencing a very unresponsive mouse. I am using a wireless (RF) Typhoon keyboard and mouse, which has the receiver connect via USB. The "My Book" also connects via USB.

The strange this is that if I press any key on the keyboard, the mouse becomes fully responsive again for a few seconds. The only way I can now use the mouse is by pressing a key every few seconds!

I've never come across this sort of thing before, so if anyone has any advice, it would be most welcome.

BTW - the "My Book" is not backing-up when this occurs, and there seems to be no other activity using resources in any major way (CPU, Disk and Mem usage all very low).

Thx

FreeCell 17:40 17 Jan 07

Have you tried resynchronising the mouse and keyboard?

There is usually a pushbutton on each and on the wireless dongle in PC that you have to press to synchronise these together.

Air_Man 17:48 17 Jan 07

Thx FreeCell,

Yes, I tried re-syncing the mouse. I'll try doing both at the same time and see if it helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch