Is my blank monitor compatible with video card?

JAS100 10:34 24 Jul 04

I've just bought a second hand BTC 151M TFT monitor that just gives me a white screen. The seller says that the monitor is fine and that there must be a compatability problem with my video card. I have tried different leads and two different computers. How do I find out if the monitor is compatible with the cards on the two computers I have unsuccessfully tried it on. Is there a list somewhere?

They have the following cards:-
1. Radeon 7500
2. NVIDEA GeForce4 MX440.
Is it likely there is a compatability problem or is it more probable that the monitor is broken?
John

jonnytub 10:36 24 Jul 04

hi john, start up in safe mode, if the monitor still don't work, get your money back asap.

jonnytub 10:37 24 Jul 04

reason for this is windows will not load the graphics card driver but a generic one built in. All monitors will fire up in safe mode, providing they work in the first place. By the way was this a ebay seller that sold the monitor to you?

Graham ® 11:31 24 Jul 04

Note that TFT monitors don't travel well. If it's had a knock, it may be kaput.

JAS100 18:54 24 Jul 04

Thanks for the responses.
Yes, I bought the monitor on ebay, why do you ask? Have you heard of one of these (or this one) not working before?

I tried unsuccessfully to get it to work in Safe Mode, so it sounds as if it was not working as described. Anyone else any ideas?
THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP
Regards John

jonnytub 18:59 24 Jul 04

click here read through this post and see what sort of options you have with regards to sellers, couriers and credit card companies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…