My beloved FireFox has died

paulthreevalleys 08:49 08 Apr 05

Hi all,

Been using FirFox for a while now, with a number of extensions to help with my web development.

I've now got a problem that when I start FirFox, it just hangs after a few seconds and stops responding. I have the "SessionSaver" extension installed which brings up the page/pages last on screen when it was closed, but I can't close the tabs (I was thinking one of the pages might have been a bit buggy).

After all of this, I can't perform a clean install! I've deleted everything I can find relating to FireFox, and even trawled the registry, but when I reinstall it it keeps coming back with all the same extensions installed.

Does anyone know how to completely get rid of it without having to actually use the browser?

Many thanks,

iambeavis 10:45 08 Apr 05

Have you deleted the firefox folder in C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name or All Users\Application Data?
Application Data is a hidden folder - to view it go to Start\Control Panel\Folder Options and, on the view tab choose "Show hidden files and folders".

octal 12:32 08 Apr 05

The profile has a nasty habit of corrupting itself, this gives more information on deleting it and setting a new profile folder:

click here

Buchan 35 21:14 08 Apr 05

Just a suggestion that may work. Uninstal Firefox. Then run cCleaner or RegScrub to remove all the bits left behind then re-instal. Good luck boyo-;))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…