//some 3rd party need geo

My ADSL network is not working!!

Hi,

I am using V21 ADSL and the connection is shared amongst a small peer-to-peer LAN in my home. On Friday 09/04/04, the two client computers on the network could not access the internet, the host computer was able to access the internet with no problems.

The client computers show that "LAN" and "ADSL on HOST" is connected, however, when I attempt to use an Internet Browser or MSN, etc. it will not connect and says there is problem with the connection and to check that it is connected. I have tried to reinstall the ADSL modem software and running the Network Setup Wizard however they don't seem to solve the problems. I have tried checking for Hardware conflicts and none are indicated.

Does anybody know what the problem could be?

Thank you.

Kin Wong

I managed to correct the problem saturday evening, I had to remove and reinstall all of my internet and network connections.

Today, Monday 12 April, the same problem has occured again. Could anybody please tell me what could be causing this to constantly happen? Could it be a virus?

Thanks,

Kin Wong

anon1 18:03 12 Apr 04

Firewall perhaps. Could you post any error messages.

Chegs ® 18:14 12 Apr 04

I have an ADSL/Router with 2 PC's connected thru the router.The host machine never has any probs accessing the net,but the 2nd puter often "vanishes" from the network/net.I usually have to restart my puter,then the 2nd puter,then reset the router/modem(unplug it)and repeat 1st puter/2nd puter,etc until it finally acknowledges the networks existence.I had an PCI(ADSL) modem sharing itself between these two puters,and its network/net connection would remain connected for days on end,rarely requiring anything.The routers connection seems to slow after a few hours,and get worse until I have to reboot the router(every day)I am still experimenting with the router/modem as I have only had it a few weeks,but if it insists on being booted every day,I will be reverting back to the PCI modem and proxy software.

Thank you for your replies.

I have removed the firewall on the host computer and client computer, the internet still will not work on the client computer. I tried posting an error message to Microsoft on the client computer, this was suprisingly completed successfully. This would mean that it is connected to the internet wouldn't it? If so, why does IE, MSN, etc. not connect to the internet?

I have tried disconnecting the power from Hub and reconnecting it however this does not solve the problem.

Thanks,

Kin Wong

Before I encountered this problem, my network and shared internet connection was working with no problems, I have not changed any configurations since that however, this weekend, the problem has occured twice. The first on Friday, and then on Monday after it was fixed on Saturday.

I've attempted sending error messages from the client computers which does work when other programs which rely on the internet do not detect the internet. I've tried removing the Firewall on all networked computers which does not solve the problem.

What am I doing wrong? Can anybody find a solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Kin Wong

Before I encountered this problem, my network and shared internet connection was working with no problems, I have not changed any configurations since that however, this weekend, the problem has occured twice. The first on Friday, and then on Monday after it was fixed on Saturday.

I've attempted sending error messages from the client computers which does work when other programs which rely on the internet do not detect the internet. I've tried removing the Firewall on all networked computers which does not solve the problem.

What am I doing wrong? Can anybody find a solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Kin Wong

Any ideas? Thanks

Charence 16:58 13 Apr 04

Have you checked if the IP, Subnet and Default Gateway addresses are assigned on the Host Computer?

Regards,

Charence

Yes, I have checked that the IP address, Subnet address and Default Gateway are all assigned on the Host Computer. The client computer also have these assigned.

Any more suggestions?

Thank you,

Kin Wong

Any ideas? How can I fix this problem? Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…