My address bar has vanished....help!!

Cooter 17:01 15 Oct 03

hi, well a couple of days ago my address bar vanished and now it has suddenly been replaced by a "MYSEARCH" search bar with no page address's anywhere. wheres my old addres bar gone, it was so handy to copy and paste address's but now i cant. any ideas?

Proxy Worm 17:04 15 Oct 03

right click in a space in the top bar and select adress bar. thn go to control panel/add remove programmes then delete a file called search car...

expertec 17:05 15 Oct 03

Company: My search

Product: MySearch

Threat: BHO/Possible spyware

Company product URL: click here

Functionality: IE search toolbar

Description: The small privacy policy seems to be not quite right. For using Google or Altavista as a search engine, this toolbar still routes the searches over their own site. and why does every file that the page requests need to set a cookie that includes the users IP address?

Privacy Statement: The My Search site and your My Search Bar protect your privacy. My Search does not track your searches or where you go on the Web. The My Search Bar does not contain any type of ad software to present you with ads while you are on the Internet. Simply put, the My Search site and your My Search Bar provide you with the best search resources on the Web, with no strings attached.

Get a copy of SpyBot from click here

Cooter 17:41 15 Oct 03

cheers for the replies. seems i have become victim to this annoying thing. anyway i have removed it from add/remove programs but its still there. HELL!!

recap 17:48 15 Oct 03

Have you tried press the F11 key on your keyboard?

Cooter 18:06 15 Oct 03

yea tried f11, seems to expand screen viewing area but thats about all. just downloaded spybot so i am waiting to see if that can get rid of it. but i am wondering if i have removed "MYSEARCH" from add/remove programmes already then i may need to "restart pc" to see a positive result?

VoG II 18:22 15 Oct 03

I would try a restart.

More info click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…