My Acronis agony continues

lester1 23:27 12 Sep 06

After finding that my TI images were corrupt (not happy) I was forced to do a clean install of Windows (XP). Now after using Acronis again I find that the "Secure Zone" created on my drive can not be removed. Selecting the remove option results in a very sort run time and produces nothing the zone still exists.I get no error messages or any indication that the removal has succeded. Do I now face another C drive format and reinstall!. I should mention that I first tried to create the Zone on my external hard drive but recieved messages saying it was unsuccesful(a greyed out secure zone shows on this drive)

woodchip 23:33 12 Sep 06

I think you would be better usin Acronis DisK Directore Suite 10 As I do then Use TI to do full Backups not Incremental. Also after load both Programs Create CD's within the Programs So that you can remove the Programs from the Hard Drive and just use the CD's you have created. That's what I do and never have a Problem. click here

woodchip 23:34 12 Sep 06

PS you can just delete and create partitions as and when you want, also resize them

terryf 23:37 12 Sep 06

I agree with woodchip, just use the CD created by the prog because this runs in Linux and I think the program gets in a middle when it is trying to restore a windows partition using windows

lester1 23:45 12 Sep 06

Thanks for that woodchip.

I am not that sure that I want to spend any more money buying software that does not work. Acronis came highly recommended and so far has not delivered.

woodchip 23:52 12 Sep 06

Well I have used it for many moons and its always done what I want. Used many free Mag verions first. So I was happy with it and bought both the above. Would not be without it as I can Delete a Partition create another then try a different OS if I want when done with just Delete partition and Create a new one restore Image back up and running faster than you can say Jack Robinson

woodchip 23:53 12 Sep 06

PS I use these on Two XP comps and a Win98se comp

lester1 22:33 13 Sep 06

OK I will have a go ordered (fingers crossed)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…