MXUIShell.MXE does anyone know what this is?

torch 09:03 09 Mar 03

the above file has appeared on my desktop and there is also a dll file. This may have appeared after an uncomplete virus scan instigated afer ontrack virus scanner detected possible problem.My computer seems to be working ok but i am worried that this file may be revealing info about my computer to a hacker
IS IT HARMFUL AND HOW CAN I GET RID OF IT?

howard60 09:42 09 Mar 03

it could well solve your problem. If not type it into the search on your pc locate it and delete it.

AndySD 09:43 09 Mar 03

click here is all I can find on it ....just delete it...but dont empty the Recycl Bin for a week just to make sure you dont need it.

thms 09:43 09 Mar 03

torch
Searched google and found this link though it doesn't seem to have a solution.
click here
Hope you get it sorted out.

torch 10:00 09 Mar 03

i would like to know the files purpose before i attempt to delete directly...keep trying please

AndySD 10:11 09 Mar 03

An educated guess.... .MXE is a Macro Express file... Quote from their website "Macro Express automates ... almost any Windows action you can think of. I can hardly think of a feature that isn't included in Macro Express."

UI is normally an UnInstall file..... so this is most likely to be the ontrack uninstall from when the virus check failed.

JoeC 12:27 09 Mar 03

for files ending .mxe

click here

jjnohands 18:02 15 Oct 03

This is a macro express log file. It is described on their web site, and instructions are given for trying to remove it, at page:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…