m/word problem

timothy44 10:31 06 Jan 03
  timothy44 10:31 06 Jan 03

when in microsoft Word I have created my address using autotext and dragged it to the top. When I had word years ago i was able to change this to a smiley face icon for each part to save space, I cannot for the life of me remember how to do this, can anyone help

Lozzy 11:44 06 Jan 03

Which version of MSWord do you have??

BRYNIT 11:55 06 Jan 03

If this is for letters why not creat a template
with your address already on.

timothy44 16:53 06 Jan 03

hi lozzy it's word 2002.how do i create a template then

DieSse 16:58 06 Jan 03

After you have set up the page as you would like it to be - then do File - Save As and choose File Type Template.

Then each time you open a new document, your template will appear in the window with the pre-defined templates.

VoG™ 16:58 06 Jan 03

To create a template set out your address and anything else that will always be the same then File/Save As, and for the file type (the bottom drop-down) select Document Template.

You can save yourself some effort by using a built-in template: File/New and from the right hand pane select General Templates then pick from the list. Fill in your address etc. then Save As a Document Template.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…