mutiple web site hosting

dlcc 17:19 06 Dec 06

Hi,
I am new to web designing.
I can build a website and a few friends who run businesses have asked if i can do them a website.
It wasnt a problem for me when I was doing it for myself as i had only one site to worry about hosting on a small basis.
what i dont understand is how i go about managing several websites at the same time.
if i had 4 websites on the go do you charge the customer per month for hosting or include it per year in the cost or do individual accounts with a hostin customer - dont fully understand how you get a website online when it is not yours to go online. do you buy their domain name for them or transfer it to their name - need help on going from doing my own site to managing others--
thanks in advance
dlcc

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:24 07 Dec 06

I would let them arrange their own domain names and webspace, then just upload the site to it.

There's a lot more responsibility than you realise managing other peoples domains. I thought hard about it and decided not to get involved other than recomending a host to them.

djbenny 21:46 07 Dec 06

click here does this if you want it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced