Mustek Wcam 300A installation problem.

ADELLA30 17:03 10 Apr 04

My system:-- Laptop Sony Vaio PCG 316MP; OS Win XP: 1GB RAM.
Attempts to install subject webcam proceed OK up to plug-in (USB) New Hardware Wizard starts but fails to locate driver. I have examined installation disk but cannot find file.
Any fellow sufferers? Would appreciate any help.

anon1 17:40 10 Apr 04

click here and download the drivers. They should be on the cd and will be "inf" file format.

anon1 17:43 10 Apr 04

Just looked myself and the file is called "setup_xp.exe"

ADELLA30 21:41 10 Apr 04

Hi anon 1
Have looked at the link you gave, recognise illustration of Wcam-300 mini as being identical to Wcam 300 A. Unfortunately download page states "No any drivers".
To add to my confusion my installation CD is labeled PC Cam 300A , but I can't find 'setup_xp.exe'
Am I missing something, poor navigation?
Many thanks for your help

anon1 12:01 11 Apr 04

Yes you have missed something I am afraid to say. Go to the link I gave you and click on the "online support" icon then click on the "digital camera products link" but click where it says "pc camera" you will then get a drop down menu saying "click one" in that drop down menu choose your camera and click "go" you will then be presented with drivers downloads and simply click on the first one which is english and for windows xp

ADELLA30 16:15 11 Apr 04

Hi anon 1 Thanks for the latest instructions, unfortunately I still can't locate the driver. I can get to the DRIVER DOWNLOAD page but there's a note under "Please select the language" - No any drivers - . No list of drivers. I have tried selecting region Mustek Europe which takes me to page IMAGING YOUR e-LIFE selecting UK icon takes me to MUSTEK WWW click Drivers takes to DRIVER DOWNLOAD select in Camera Series - Webcam. On next page Wcam-300 mini is not listed only Wcam 300 and Wcam 3X. I arrived at this point some days ago which prompted my cry for help which you so kindly replied to. Does this mean that no on-line drivers are available or have I once again failed my navigation exam (after all just past my 83rd birthday so could be getting a little wooly up top)

anon1 16:21 12 Apr 04

IT is there you are just not going far enough. I have broken my own rules and sent you an email message if you reply to it I will then send you the file

ADELLA30 19:22 23 Apr 04

hi anon 1. All is now well, have sent you email

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…