Mustek Bearpaw 1200 Scanner Drivers Download Help

Border View 15:10 22 Feb 03

Ever since I got my Mustek Bearpaw 1200 Scanner I've had problems getting it to work if it was left unused for any length of time. Always get the message "cable not connected", but it is. If I reboot it worked. Now every time I want to scan something I've got to reboot.

So, I saw a similar problem in the Consumerwatch pages and decided to follow FE's advice about new drivers. Found the site and the instructions.

Scarey stuff this. Little me install new drivers?

Anyway I've printed off the instructions, but when it get to the bit about installing these new drivers its says "Execute the Web.exe and UP_LIB.exe programs. Please, how do you execute a program.

Is there anyone out there please that can take me through this process of getting new drivers and installing them.

Oh, I run Windows 98SE. AMD Athlon 800, 128mbz RAM, 30 Gbtz HDD.

Legolas 15:20 22 Feb 03

When you download the drivers there will be a file called Web.exe and UP_LIB.exe you just need to click these two files and they will install the necessary components to upgrade your drivers. An exe file is a file that allows a program to be installed and ran your system exe stands for executable.

Border View 15:25 22 Feb 03

Many thanks for that, but jittery about messing about with the technical stuff. Away to have a go - will let you know how I get on.

Border View 16:47 22 Feb 03

Uninstalled the appropriate software, disconnected scanner, after much rooting about under the desk. Went into Mustek's web site again, but regrettably whenever I clicked on the download I got the page not available notice.

So I've reinstalled the drivers from the disc which came with the computer and it seems to have solved the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…