MUST do, and have things on your PC?

AdventCalendar 09:58 25 Nov 03

What routines do you recommend to make sure your PC/laptop is working in top condition?

Also, what software would you recommend to get to make sure all the demons are at bay?

Thanks....

madPentium 11:00 25 Nov 03

Good anti virus
Good firewall
Run Adaware regularly, say every 3 days.

Pesala 11:20 25 Nov 03

AVG click here Excellent antivirus program with regular updates.

Spybot S&D 1.2 (3,577 K) click here Removes spyware from your system

Fix Font Folder (344 K) click here Fix Fonts Folder is a utility that locates and fixes font related problems. It scans all installed fonts and checks the integrity of the fonts related part of the registry.

Aida (New version 1,851 K) click here System information

Belarc Advisor (609 K) click here System information

Diskeeper Lite (10,005 K) click here Defragmentation program that will run in the background, and completes the task more quickly.

Eraser (2.68 Mbytes) Cleans unused hard disk space and overwrites deleted files to prevent recovery.

Monitor Tests: Display Calibration click here Monitor Response click here Screen Calibration click here (provided by Huggyg71)

SiSoft Sandra (2,880 K) click here More detailed system information

Personally, I use AVG and Disk-keeper regularly, remove programs that I don't use, delete most of the shortcuts that programs install to keep my Start Menu tidy. Only two icons on my desktop are the Recycle Bin and My Computer I have two autohiding taskbars at top and bottom, so rarely need to use the Start Menu anyway.

Pesala 11:26 25 Nov 03
  Pesala 11:51 25 Nov 03

Atomic Clock Sync (484 K) click here

Keep my PC clock accurate. Need to run about once a month at the most. I just ran it, and it adjusted my PC clock by 6 seconds.

Also must not forget this one click here and to use that one I need this one: click here

Jester2K II 12:01 25 Nov 03

Backup docs, settings etc with Ezbackitup click here to another partition. One click and done.

Xevious 12:03 25 Nov 03

adding to my postings

very handy!

Belatucadrus 12:18 25 Nov 03

Drive cleaners to locate and clear old debris :- Space Odyssey click here , G-Lock Temp Cleaner 2.0 click here

Software removal if some of the obsolete software is reluctant to uninstall :- Smart uninstaller click here MyUninstaller click here

Internet trace cleaner :- click here to clear cache, cookies etc after a long session on the net.

Zip tool to compact anything you want to store :- Zipcentral click here

Pesala 12:31 25 Nov 03

My PM to you from the other thread got returned, so I post this here.

The EPL6100L is about £150 from Dabs.com click here I have the EPL5900
which was £250 and prints at only 12 ppm, (the 6100L does 20 ppm. I also have the Stylus C80 which was £150 a year ago so the C84 is good
value at under £100. The C80 is fine, but I don't use it nearly as much as the laser.

You would be better to start your own thread, then you get the replies relevant to your question, not the thread starter's.

AdventCalendar 14:22 25 Nov 03

many thanks for all your posts...appreciate you taking the time to reply. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…