Musicmatch problems with latest update to 8

newts 17:28 08 Jun 03

I have used Musicmatch for three years but latest update to 8 is no good. I like this jukebox but the lastest freezes everything and refuses to cooperate. Musicmatch help has offered several advice e-mail including uninstall,adjust registry etc. not for the faint hearted. Anyway have reverted back to 7.2 which works fine. In seeking solution I find chatrooms all over have same problems over latest update. Anyone else and have you solved problem.

spuds 19:30 08 Jun 03

Thanks newts for this post, I will watch it with concern.I had a problem with Winamp, and sudden loss of sound. Having tried various things without success,I converted to Musicmatch Jukebox 8. Things seem okay up to now, with my installation.

tartanterror 20:06 08 Jun 03

i upgraded from musicmatch 7.5 to version 8 last night wished i hadn't bothered......
the version 8 would just not let me install my new "key"
kept saying i was using 7.5 key and needed a new one.
i had the new key but still kept getting key error.
i uninstalled v7.5 in add/remove deleted folder from c:prog files and went into and deleted the entries there.
still no joy just at a loss to how its still picking up my old key.
i also tried updating version 8 over 7.5 but same error (you are using 7.5 key you need a new key for this version)
i "do" have a legit key for version 8 it just dosn't want to accept it because its keeping a hold of my old key from vers 7.5
i had to revert back to version 7.5 where its running fine.

newts 08:15 09 Jun 03

tartanterror sorry to hear about your problem which seems different to mine so perhaps there are more bugs than "they" care to admit. By the way I run OS XP home edition.

tartanterror 21:20 09 Jun 03

sorry forgot to mention i'm running xp pro

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…