MUSICMATCH JUKEBOX

rotormota 19:03 22 Aug 05

Hi,

I am 'ripping' audio CDs on to my hard drive using MMJB. Is there any option to firstly stop the CD automatically playing & secondly adding all the CD tracks to the library listing without 'asking'?

Cheers.
J

daba 21:19 22 Aug 05

1> When you put the CD in the drive MMJB will assume first-off that you want to play it, switch the playlist window to the 'CD Drive' and start playing it. I can't see an option to stop this behaviour.

2> Once the CD is loaded and playing, just press the STOP button, then press the 'Copy From CD' button under the CD playlist track display.

Now you see your CD tracks listed in the 'Recorder' window as Track 1, Track 2,..... etc., you simply type over these with the actual track names, then overtype the CD Title and Artist fields. When you then press 'Start Copy' the tracks will be encoded into mp3 format, stored on your hard drivem (options exist for how the filename is organised from the info supplied), and added to your MMJB library with the info you have supplied (ie. Track Name, Album Name, and Artist). I assume adding to the library is what you would want it to do, otherwise how are you going to find your tracks and play them?

any more Q's feel free to ask, I have used MMJB for over 4 years now..

1> When you put the CD in the drive MMJB will assume first-off that you want to play it, switch the playlist window to the 'CD Drive' and start playing it. I can't see an option to stop this behaviour.

2> Once the CD is loaded and playing, just press the STOP button, then press the 'Copy From CD' button under the CD playlist track display.

Now you see your CD tracks listed in the 'Recorder' window as Track 1, Track 2,..... etc., you simply type over these with the actual track names, then overtype the CD Title and Artist fields. When you then press 'Start Copy' the tracks will be encoded into mp3 format, stored on your hard drivem (options exist for how the filename is organised from the info supplied), and added to your MMJB library with the info you have supplied (ie. Track Name, Album Name, and Artist). I assume adding to the library is what you would want it to do, otherwise how are you going to find your tracks and play them?

daba 21:21 22 Aug 05

whoops, sorry about the triple post, got a 'Page Cannot be Displayed' error and hit post again (but only once - hmmmmm???).

nar 09:51 05 Sep 05

Daba

Any hints on how to get albums to play in the order they appear in the cd on my mp3 player they seem to go all over the place

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:22 05 Sep 05

They are stored in alphabetical or date order on the hard drive by windows and so are transfered that way to the player.

daba 21:39 06 Sep 05

Are you talking about Musicmatch ?

It's simple if you are, just make sure the tracks are tagged with their track number, then they can be viewed in the library in the correct order by clicking on the track number title bar.

When in the correct order, simply select all the files you want to transfer to the player, start the "Portable Device" window, and drag the files into your player.

The files are transferred in the track order as per the playlist, and the player numbers the tracks in this order.

If you're not using Musicmatch, then simply drag the files over into the player one at a time, so the player numbers them sequentially.

rotormota 21:55 06 Sep 05

Hi daba,

MusicMatch loads albums into the library I have stored on my hard drive not in track order. I have even chosen to file recorded tracks on the hard drive by track number yet they still do not appear in track order?

Pretty daft if it is something like War of The Worlds!

Any other ideas?
Cheers.
A

daba 21:57 09 Sep 05

are you saying you want to view the files in the correct order using Windows Explorer ?

explorer will put the tracks in name order alphanumerically,

or if you click on the relevant explorer heading bars you can :-

view by file type (file extension) order, (not much use if they are all mp3's) !

view by file date/time creation, again not much use as it forces you to record in the right order.

...here's what you can do though - create an "Artist" folder (eg. "Meatloaf"), then under that create folders of "Albums", (eg. "Bat Out of Hell"), then in that album folder move the album's mp3 tracks, and then rename them like "01 - Bat Out Of Hell", "02 - You Took The Words....", get the idea ? Explorer will now show them 01, 02, 03 order.

Musicmatch won't find the files anymore, but it can repair the broken links for you if you want, or if you have a spare evening or two you can do this manually.

Anyway if you use Musicmatch's "Portable Device" manager, it transfers files one by one to your player from the playlist window, so whatever order they are in the playlist window is the order they will play on your player.

HTH

HTH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…