musicmatch burner plus

yorkieman 21:58 31 Oct 03

hope someone can help me. i upgraded to burner plus but i am having trouble burning to cd, when i click on burn i get a message saying (no drive was found for recording veryify the selected recorder in the options dialog)but when i do this it shows no drive in the recorder box. i am at a loss what to do i e-mailed musicmatch but after a week i have not had an answer (?12 down the river i think) i do not have any trouble with other cd burning software)

Boluwd 01:09 01 Nov 03

If you've upgraded then you must have had the original basic version of musicmatch and it always found your recorder, right? I've always found the musicmatch support people to be very helpful but email responses can be a bit slow, (normally I would get a courtsey email to acknowledge receipt before a qualified response).

Try reinstalling musicmatch BUT make sure you have recorded your upgrade key as you will need it to convert back to the PLUS version.

yorkieman 12:00 01 Nov 03

re-installed musicmatch but still have same problem any ideas?

Boluwd 16:17 01 Nov 03

Under OPTIONS/Recorder/Source.. what does it show?
Also, what does it show under Options/Recorder/Settings? What is shown under Recording Source near bottom left of the box?

yorkieman 21:01 01 Nov 03

under options/recorder/source/ it shows that my recorder in drive d is teac cd r585 1.om. under options recorder setting it shows the same recorder in recording source at bottom left corner doe's this help?

Boluwd 22:17 01 Nov 03

This is a discontinued CD R drive. Do you also have a CD Rom/DVD Rom? Are these (either one) recorded as E: drives? Music Match is obviously recognising the CD R585 as the recording drive but it's really weird that Burn doesn't? When you open Burner, what's shown under Options/Burn Drive/ Is there a tick next to D: Teac CD R585? See what's entered when you open settings in Options/Burn Drive above.
Also check in Burner under Options/Settings. Under Burn you should see your Teac. Also check which version of Burner you have in the "About" tab. I'm using version 8.10.2017.

Also check out the following page for your CD R on the Teac site, it's got firmware upgrades etc.
click here

yorkieman 00:57 03 Nov 03

yes i have a cd rom as my q drive when i open burner plus options/ burn drive the box says no drive found in burner/options setting it says no media found. my version is 8.10.2020. recently i had my op/system upgraded to windows 98se after a crash i did not loose any data could this be the cause?

Boluwd 10:30 03 Nov 03

This is baffling! You could try removing and then reinstalling music match to see if that works. You have version 2020. I was going to update mine but I don't think I'll bother now! Give the support people another email, I've used them a few times and they usually come up with an answer. Sorry I have no answers, good luck.

yorkieman 00:06 18 Nov 03

i would just like to say i have solved my problem. i have bought myself a optorite cd re-writer now everything works ok. i would like to thank you for your time and effort in trying to help me with my problem
regards yorkieman

Boluwd 23:55 18 Nov 03

Great news! Pity you had to buy a new burner but it's probably a lot faster than your old Teac!!!
happy listening....

hef

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…