Music on Web Page

Dirty Dick 10:14 18 Aug 04

I'm very new to this Web Page lark and I am trying to put music on it running in the background,(as the page opens). I'm using FrontPage and the music file is in Windows Media Audio/Video file format. I've already put Video onto the page and this opens Window Media player with no ptoblems. Can anyone help this Newcomer to Web Pages and please, be gentle
Thanks

Charence 13:53 18 Aug 04

In Frontpage, right click on the page you want to add background music and click on PAGE PROPERTIES.

In GENERAL, you can browse for the wma file you wish to have as background music.

Charence

Dirty Dick 10:09 19 Aug 04

In Frontpage, I've right clicked on the page to add background music and clicked on PAGE PROPERTIES.
I've then browsed for the file to insert, but the music I want to add does not show up. At the bottom of the dialogue box I've clicked on the SHOW ALL AUDIO FILES option, But it isn't there. Any other ideas?

Charence 23:14 19 Aug 04

ok...in that case you'll have to click he HTML button at the bottom of screen.

Look for the <body> tag.

Insert the following:-

<body bgsound="musicfilename.format">

replace "musicfilename" with the name of music file

replace "format" with the format e.g. mp3

Hope this works,

Charence

Dirty Dick 11:16 22 Aug 04

I've tried your suggestion, but still no luck. Any further ideas. Cheers
PS Sorry for delay in replying,have been trying allsorts!

Forum Editor 12:51 22 Aug 04

1. In Page view, right-click the page, and then click Page Properties on the shortcut menu.

2. On the General tab, under Background sound, and in the Location box, click 'Browse' to locate the sound file you want to use.

Now do one of the following:

a)To play the sound continuously, select the 'Forever' check box.

b)To play the sound a fixed number of times, clear the 'Forever' check box, and enter the number of times you want the sound to play in the 'Loop' box.

It might be worth mentioning that many people find background music intensely irritating, and will be driven from any page that insists on playing music. I'm one of those who can't stand musical web pages - if I want to hear music I'll go to a music site and click to listen to a sample.

Dirty Dick 12:59 22 Aug 04

Thanks for that advice, I have done exactly what you say but when I browse, the music sample does not show as being in that folder. I've even clicked on the show SHOW ALL AUDIO FILES, but its not there. What am I doing wrong?

Might follow your suggestion and not put music in the site, although this is my first attempt.

Forum Editor 13:06 22 Aug 04

You need to have your music in .wav format.

Dirty Dick 13:11 22 Aug 04

Thanks for that. The music sample I have is in wma format (I think). When I click on properties it shows that it is in Windows Media Audio/Video file. Is there any way to convert it to a .wav format?
Many thanks

Charence 22:11 15 Nov 04

I just re-read this thread today and have a solution.

FrontPage won't allow you to use some formats as background sound. You can add background sound if you write it in the HTML.

Click on HTML button in FP, Look for the <head> tag and write this after it.

<bgsound src="music.mp3" loop="-1">

music.mp3 = the filename of your background sound

loop="-1" means the number of times you want it to loop. If you want it to loop forever, insert -1, for other values just write e.g. 1,2,3...

Charence

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…