music on the web

craigy1 19:04 28 Jan 03

hello.

i have just started listening to the music on the web through windows media player.

can anyone tell me if there is a way to copy the music from radio stations onto ur hard drive and then onto a cd so they can play in my car.

thanks for all your help.

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 19:18 28 Jan 03

Had a look at the help file, but it only seems to indicate that you can copy files to cd, i suppose that you could record the music to hard drive then copy to cd but i am sure that will take up a lot of space, but i am not sure if this is entirely legal, I am sure that more knowledgable people will correct me, have you not got a radio in the car??

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 19:22 28 Jan 03

Taken from the help file of media player (hope this is ok FE

To copy files to your portable device
Click Copy to CD or Device.
-or-

On the File menu, point to Copy, and then click Copy to Portable Device.

In the Items to Copy pane, in the drop-down list, click the playlist, category, or other item that you want to copy.
Clear the check boxes next to any files you do not want to copy.
In the Items on Device pane, in the drop-down list, click the device that you want to copy files to.
Click the Copy button.
The Player verifies that there is sufficient storage space on the device to copy the selected files. If there is sufficient space, the files are converted (if necessary) and copied to the portable device.

Repeat steps 2-5 for any other items that you want to copy to your portable device.
Notes

It is recommended that Windows Media Player determine the quality level automatically when copying audio files to a portable device; otherwise, copying audio files takes longer. To view the quality-level settings for the portable device, in the Copy to CD or Device feature, click the Portable device properties button . The quality-level settings apply to audio files only.
The Player automatically converts a multichannel audio file to a stereo file (a process known as folding down) when you copy it to a portable device or CD.
The list of items you can choose from the drop-down list in the Items to Copy pane is organized by playlists, albums, artists, all music, or all video clips. Select the check box at the top of the list to select or clear all check boxes. The total number of selected items, total time, and size is shown at the bottom of the Items to Copy pane.
The amount of used and free space on the device is shown at the bottom of the Items on Device pane.
If you copy a file with the same name as one that exists on the device, the existing file is overwritten. To change the file name of one of the files before copying, in the Items to Copy pane, right-click the file, and then click Edit.
The Player no longer supports portable devices that have serial or parallel interfaces. Other interfaces, such as Universal Serial Bus (USB) 1.1, USB 2.0, and Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) 1394 (such as Apple FireWire or Sony i.LINK), are supported. To find portable devices that are compatible with the Player, see the WindowsMedia.com Web site.
The Items on Device pane typically refreshes automatically when you connect a device to your computer, when you disconnect a device from your computer, or when you insert or remove storage media from a connected device. If the display does not refresh automatically, you can press F5 to refresh the display manually.
If you want to copy unprotected files (files without licenses) to a portable device, it may be faster to use Windows Explorer instead of Windows Media Player. When copying protected files, use Windows Media Player instead of Windows Explorer.

It would seem to indicate that you can record to h/d I suppose you can only try it!!

craigy1 19:24 28 Jan 03

have got radio in car but the music is from abroad. lol. my radio wont reach that far.lol

just needed to record sum songs to hard drive then onto my cd through the burner if this was possible

craigy1 19:25 28 Jan 03

have got radio in car but the music is from abroad. lol. my radio wont reach that far.lol

just needed to record sum songs to hard drive then onto my cd through the burner if this was possible

Wes Tam ;-) 19:58 28 Jan 03

See this thread - Recording Audio - posted today.

©®@$ђ 17:58 29 Jan 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…