music volume on MP3

joe95 11:09 18 Jul 07

I have a large number of music albums on my PC when I put them onto my MP3 I have to keep adjusting the volume is there any way to solve this ? A friend told me I should have done this when I originally put the music on my PC but didn't know how to solve the problem.
PC xp. Win media player 10.
Thanks

jack 11:51 18 Jul 07

I think that music files[MP3/WAV etc] as stored do not have volume as such- they are simply 'flat compressed code'
The various attributes such as volume/tones are imparted my the playing device.

joe95 14:59 20 Jul 07

I think I didn't explain my problem clearly all the music on my HD is of different volume levels so when I d/load them to my MP3 player and then play them I have to keep adjusting the volume, is there any way to remedy this?
Thanks

Slim Shady 15:11 20 Jul 07

you could try click here

hiwatt 15:23 20 Jul 07

You could as Marg7 says use software like nero which gives you the option to normalize the tracks.If you made a cd using this option it would make all the volumes the same then you could just put the songs back on to your computer(via the cd)and copy them to your mp3 player.

joe95 15:50 21 Jul 07

thanks Marg7 I can't understand why the levels

are different either.

Slim Shady
thanks for your tip, seems to work but I don't know how to save them ie do I save them, rename them and then delete the old music files seems like a long job either way.

joe95 10:36 22 Jul 07

Thanks Marg7
I have tried what you suggested and it seems okay so will tick it resolved and get cracking.
Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009