music tape to cd

Blue screen of death666 11:44 08 May 04

I have never done this and would like to know how to...
I want to copy audio casett tape onto cd.
I have win.xp...cd/rw....what else do I need??

SANTOS7 11:54 08 May 04

click here hope this helps, good luck

billyliv 13:04 08 May 04

Hi, I use a portable cassette tape player, connect it to the 'Line in' socket and use 'Total Recorder' software from 'High Criteria to record to the hard drive. (You have to pay about £9 for a lifetime licence) Using the 'Pause control' the tracks can be recorded as singles otherwise you will end up having 20 tracks listed as track 1. Then using a burning program it can be transferred to CD. If you browse through the download section of this site you will probably come across software to record to the hard drive. Good luck, It is very rewarding when you get it spot on. Cheers, Bill

peli99 13:36 08 May 04

I have my hifi connected to my PC. I connect from soundcard to phono socket and use Clean to record to hard drive. After recording you can use Clean to split into tracks, clean up recording etc. You can also burn to CD with this software but I usually use Nero to burn CDs and Musicmatch Jukebox if I want to convert the tracks to MP3s.

Also works with vinyl records.

Robotic_Rob 13:42 08 May 04

They is alot of software you can use to do this tho. Like i use Nero to do it all, record it on to my pc and to write it to a cd. Its real easy to do and to sort out into tracks. Hardest thing is turning on the pc me thinks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…