Music Player Software

webber_man 21:55 29 May 05

I have a friend who wants to set his laptop up (which he has with about 10,000 mp3's on) to some external speakers and play his music back continuously.

I know there is Windows Media Player and RealOne Player but what is the best free media player that can play mp3's in a way where the tracks can bet set to blend in with each other, or fade in and out of each other, so to have continuous music without silence between the songs?

Basically set it up as a jukebox.

Thanks.

dogbreath1 22:14 29 May 05

Winamp is as good as anything that I have heard. click here
You can set up a playlist or just right click on My Music and it will play all 10000 files! I use Winamp and there is no discernable gap between tracks. Also, if it's quality that you need, use a Xitel Hifi Link to output mp3s direct from hdd to hi-fi (bypassing the sound card and utilising the Xitels built in DAC to convert the .mp3 files to .wav files). click here
It's inexpensive, easy to install and sounds really good.

selfbuild 22:14 29 May 05

I've just tryed it with Windows Media Player 10.... and the cross fading works quite well....

In media player 10, goto View > Enhancements > Cross fading and Auto Volume Leveling

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…