Music Player functionality and trojans

Mikeonfreeserve 11:36 08 Nov 03

I have a Turtle Beach Montego II souncard and music player. The player functionality appears to have been "hacked" - sorry if this an imprecise use of a technical term - and the component rack is fixed on "capture" which is not a setting which was there before yesterday. Also, at start up, before Windows loads and my anti-virus software,which is Trend Penicillin,has booted up there is a wodge of cyrilic/russian looking script.

Have I picked up a Trojan?

At other times my PC has flagged up a low memory warning despite minimum apps running and it's an ATHLON 188OMhz with 520Mb of RAM.

I have a folder with some of my CDs ripped to mp3 to listen to while I'm working. Has someone hacked me for free music.

I have never used napster or similar and all the music on the system is from my own discs ripped for my mp3 player.

Any ideas please?

The Lights Are On 13:06 08 Nov 03

If you are concerned about Trojans give the a run through, it is free & functional to evaluate for a month. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…