Music from PC to mobile

herbert123 06:57 15 Mar 07

I've bought a new phone - Sony Eric Z610i - lovely.

Inserted the accompnying disc to PC and downloaded the software - Disc2Phone.

Everytime I try and transfer music over to my phone - it says there no recognized device connceted to the computer. This despite the USB cable being inserted and the computer previously telling me new hardware was detected when the phone was plugged in!!

I've tried using Windows Media Player as well.

Any ideas?

ArrGee 11:07 15 Mar 07

When you plug the phone into the USB, does a message come up saying 'New hardware found' and then another message along the line of 'Sony Ericsson Z610i'?

If not, you may not have the correct drivers loaded.

Also check your device manager to see if the phone is recognised there when plugged in?

Start - Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager

Kate B 11:34 15 Mar 07

Phone software really sucks. Sony Ericsson's phone software sucks rather more than most. Does the phone come with a memory card? If so I'd simply treat yourself to a cheap memory card reader (if you don't already have one) and transfer your files that way. Otherwise, I find Bluetooth the best way of transferring files between a PC and a phone - a USB Bluetooth dongle should only set you back a few quid.

julius44 13:42 15 Mar 07

Kate B, is 100% coerrect!!!! I'd advise EVERYONE never to use phone software to transfer music, cos it utter rubbish. Just get yourself a memory card reader and insert your card, and just copy and paste..it couldnt be simpler!!! I have a sony ericsson 800i and thats the way i use it. I used to try and use all the "dodgy software these companies give to use..it crashes, etc too many problems to mention. Get the memory card reader.....or your pc may already have a card reader(most do nowadays) and your sorted

TomLinny 14:04 15 Mar 07

I had this problem with a different phone. Try and get an update for the software you installed. On mine it was under help and check for updates. After i installed that it worked fine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…