Music Jukebox on PC

byfordr 21:30 13 Nov 03

Quick question...I'm planning to set a jukebox on my pc. I've got loads of space, so I'm not too bothered about using MP3 or compression. Can anyone suggest any programmes free or other wise that will allow me to play the music. (free preferable!)

Thanks in advance...

R

hugh-265156 21:32 13 Nov 03

media player.

byfordr 21:39 13 Nov 03

I assume you are refering to windows media player, not a fan...I was looking for a alternative!

Thanks anyway for the expeditious response

R

hugh-265156 22:23 13 Nov 03

lol sorry,media player 9 is quite nice click here and i dont think there is any free ones quite so configurable. you can get lots of skins etc for it click here for a few.

then there is always click here or click here or click here

Diodorus Siculus 22:30 13 Nov 03

Have a look at Apples iTunes - a 20 GB download but very, very good - I have it about two weeks and am very impressed.

Mike ® 22:43 13 Nov 03

Musicmatch juke box excellent click here free no time limits. You can upgrade to enable certain minor features.

byfordr 22:35 14 Nov 03

Cheers for all the suggestions

Downloaded Musicmatch, and going to give that a go...

I tried to download itunes (20gb not a problem, got the space and a sweet 2mb connection!), but apparently my option x settings do not allow this to be downloaded (I tried setting the security settings to enable for all to allow me to download it) I am running ad-adware, norton av, search and destroy, browser hijack blaster, spyware blaster so I'm assuming one of these is knobbling active x.

-Beb- 22:44 14 Nov 03

There's a slight difference between iTunes being a 20gig and 20 meg download!!! Nevermind. But you are right, iTunes is amazing, much better than media player, although I don't understand why it can't play media files.

Diodorus Siculus 22:56 14 Nov 03

-Beb- Whoops - even I would not try a 20GB download via dialup! iTunes will play some media files, using Apples QuickTime.

byfordr - I use Mozilla which means that I don't suffer such things as ActiveX causing errors; maybe trying a different browser will help.

byfordr 02:04 15 Nov 03

20mbs much more paletable.

Diodorus Siculus - might well try something other than microshafts browsing offerings. Microshaft seem to be the cause of 95% of the evils on my computer (apart from me of course!)

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will duely trundle off and try them.

Of course if anyone has a sudden moments of ephiphany jukebox playerwise feel free to post.

Cheers once again

R

byfordr 17:59 19 Nov 03

Managed to track down I-Tunes and WinAmp5 beta, so I am going to give both a try. Cheers all for all the suggestions, I will try each one.

R

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced