Music file images

BenAustin2000 13:11 09 Dec 06

Hi, I have a problem. I installed Windows Media Player 11 and when i go into my music folders and look at my files the Windows Media Player image has gone. Here is a link of what it looks like click here I have Right Click > Propeties > Open With > Windows Media Player and still no joy, It works whe i do it with iTunes though... Thanks (it is also the same with videos)

James. 13:16 09 Dec 06

Open MP11, go to Tools/Options/File Types and select/deselect what you want to associate with MP

dogbreath1 13:19 09 Dec 06

It might be worth trying to remove iTunes from being a default player.

I had a similar problem with Irfanview...if it was configured to be the program associated with .mp3's, Winamp couldn't be set in the right click context menu of a file as preferred player.

BenAustin2000 13:41 09 Dec 06

Thanks, I have tried both of these options and still no joy. I have even uninstalled iTunes even though i dont think this was the problem anyway as WMP10 was my default player and you could see the correct file image. Any more ideas? Thanks

brundle 14:00 09 Dec 06

Right click one the mp3 files, select Properties. The default icon will be shown along with which program is associated with the file (Open With). Change it if need be and switch off the association
options in the program that has changed the icon(s).

BenAustin2000 14:43 09 Dec 06

I've been into the program, and unselected all the file types it plays. I have gone back into my muic files gone to right > propeties > open with and selected windows media player. The images are now working and i can click them and they open in WMP11 but when i re selesct them in WMP11 to be defaults i end up going back to square one. This is really weird

wotbus@ 15:44 09 Dec 06

You don't have a problem. My mp3 WMP11 icons are the same!

wotbus@ 15:47 09 Dec 06

In fact, all my media files have the little blue music note icon - obviously it replaced the round multi coloured icon which you can still see in your Programs menu.

wotbus@ 17:16 09 Dec 06

My apologies, I thought it came as part of SP2. It's here click here
Sorry for the duff gen.

wotbus@ 17:17 09 Dec 06

Sorry, wrong thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…