Music editor help.

topdog07 20:58 24 Jun 09

Can anyone tell me of any software out there that will silence the vocals (voice only) on MP3's?

Basically, I have normal MP3 tracks but my Daughter needs the backing music only for a School show. So I really need to ged rid of the voice.

Is there such software that can do this?

Thanks in advance.

Technotiger 21:31 24 Jun 09

Hmm, "for a school show" ... the word Copyright comes to mind.

Has your daughter looked into this aspect of it?

Magix' Audio Cleaning Lab15 DeLuxe would probably allow you to edit the voice out, though I have not done this myself.

eedcam 22:24 24 Jun 09

It is very difficult to remove the vocal from any source even with the like4s of Adobe audition I have done this with varied success from perfect to struggling.It needs to be in stereo and the vocal needs to be dead central . If you like drop me a PM for more info To be honest backing tracks are much better and not all that expensive.

johnincrete 10:24 25 Jun 09

I've totally failed also.
Do you know where I can buy backing tracks?

scotty 10:56 25 Jun 09

There is a programme called TuxGuitar (runs under Linux, I am not sure about Windows) which can read GuitarPro file formats. GuitarPro files for many tunes can be found on the web (file extensions .gp3, .gp4, .gp5). TuxGuitar allows you to select or mute each instrument. Excellent programme for learning to play (or sing) along with a tune.

eedcam 12:48 25 Jun 09

Johnincrete just google backing tracks I dont always fail it can be done .Though if its going to b aregular thing then Backing tracks is the way to go the better ones even have cover versions as ewell as the Empty version so you can get the timing right .If its a one or two off PM me if you like3

eedcam 19:02 25 Jun 09

Johnincrete this is the one I use when stuck
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5