music database

birkdalite 18:51 27 Jun 03

The last time I made a list of my large sheet music collection it was done with an Atari, it was very simple, two fields only, Title & page number and with search facility.Due to my neglect it now needs updating/rewriting. can anyone suggest a SIMPLE modern alternative please? It's going to be a long slog so "easy" is the operative word please

Belatucadrus 19:06 27 Jun 03

click here There is a bit of freeware on the Ultima Thule page entitled Music Database 2.5.2 about two thirds of the way down the page.

birkdalite 08:52 28 Jun 03

Belatucadrus Thanks for that, looked it up, but far too complex for my needs thanks again.

chrishillcoat 12:08 28 Jun 03

Do you have Excel or a spreadsheet program? If so you could just input the data manually into there.

Chris

birkdalite 14:41 28 Jun 03

Hi Chris I'm ashamed to admit it but I get completely lost with Excel all I want is A4 in 3 columns, Item number ___ Title____ Book Number.With search facility & auto arrange alphabetically. It seems so simple to others but a nightmare to me ! Regards Roy

powerless 14:46 28 Jun 03

Post a seperate question with regards to Excel and there is a forum member who knows well i'm sure everything about Excel and he should be able to advise you.

VoG II 14:54 28 Jun 03

It should be pretty straightforward in Excel.

Item number in Column A

Title in Column B

Book number in Column C

Double click the divider on the column labels bar to autosize the columns to fit the text.

Use Edit/Find to Find things.

Select your list and Data/Sort to sort (by any of the three columns.

Simple guides to Excel click here click here

powerless 14:55 28 Jun 03

You see ;-)

birkdalite 15:39 28 Jun 03

Thanks gents I've just GOT to get it right now haven't I ??????

VoG II 15:44 28 Jun 03

You know where to come if you need more help with it!

birkdalite 10:43 29 Jun 03

VoG You are very kind, I hope you won't regret it! A coupl e of starters----- Despite ticking print grid lines in print set up, they don't.When setting Item/title/book no, they will only go in first line of grid, not in header also numbers do not print.??????Roy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…