Music data not recognised

big staff 11:58 07 Jun 06

Hi and HELP!
I saved some music as data using Roxio Creator Classic due to reinstalling xp. I loaded them back but when I try to play them both WM player and Real Player say they do not support the codec that was used to compress them. Worse, even Roxio say they are not valid audio files when I attempted to write them back as uncompressed music to play on my cd player. They show as mp3 files in properties. Also, I have done this in the past without problems when reinstalling.
Any help guys will be appreciated.
Thanks,
John

Shortstop 12:03 07 Jun 06

Just a quick question, but did you finalise the writing? Both these players cannot, as far as I know, play a CD that has been burnt on a muti-session without finalising.

HTH

Paul

rodriguez 12:08 07 Jun 06

What's the file extension? In my version of Creator Classic you can save tracks in .mp3, .ogg, .wav and .wma and all of these should be playable in Winamp.

rodriguez 12:11 07 Jun 06

One more thing - if your version of Creator came with the Sound Editor component you can try loading the music files in that and if they load, save them back as uncompressed wave files to write them to CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…