Music CD not recognised

Moakey 19:16 02 May 03

I place an audio CD in the CD Rom tray, it starts up the default player and a meessage comes up 'No Audio CD Found Please insert and retry' i do but to no avail. I am running windows 98 and i have tried differnt media players. And have also tried changing default player from D drive to E drive

professor 19:47 02 May 03

ive got the same problem i had to remove all drivers for my sound and video\audio playback to fix a prob i had where my pc would try an get the right codec although it already had it. so i can verify that it is most probably some special audio driver you need that is only installed when u install windows.

in case ur wondering...my prob came about when i installed real1 player it decided it would like to be my dvd\audio ect player i altered the options but it still did the same thing thats y i had to bugger about uninstalling alot of things.

prof

professor 22:31 02 May 03

had a look around and it seems that the only way to fix the prob we have got is to bung in the win98se cd and go into dos and at the prompt type install so that way windows will replace anything thats gone missing.no i dont mean a format just put win cd in and do as i typed settings will remain the same it quite literally just repairs windows.

prof

Moakey 14:08 04 May 03

I have resolved my problem how it occured in the first place i do not know but here what i did.
Click START, SETTINGS,CONTROL PANEL, double click MULTIMEDIA.
Click DEVICES,double click MEDIA CONTROL DEVICES,
click CD AUDIO DEVICE (MEDIA CONTROL), PROPERTIES.
The DO NOT USE THIS DEVICE box had become checked, uncheck, APPLY and RESTART

weddie 17:03 04 May 03

Hello everyone

I am having problems with my cdrom it will work ok when i put software cds in but when i try t play music cds my system just locks up and i have to start up again using the reboot button can any one advise me how i can resolve this problem

Thanks in advance

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017