Music can anyone recommend a pay for songs website

bof:) 20:47 19 Jan 04

Hi all,

can anyone recommend a good pay for songs website.

many thanks,

Mike

TheTerminator 21:04 19 Jan 04

click here
Apart from the teething problems it's suffered, it seems cheap...

Djohn 21:05 19 Jan 04

click here and scroll to the bottom, quite a few there. j.

bof:) 21:24 19 Jan 04

Thanks guys, I'll go and have a look now

Mike

oldal 21:50 19 Jan 04

Have a look at click here

Sheila-214876 22:26 19 Jan 04

Give this one a try as well click here

Sheila-214876 22:29 19 Jan 04

Sorry that link came up in German but if you scroll down to the bottom you can click on English. Then scroll down again and a list of download shops including Virgin are there.

DieSse 22:51 19 Jan 04

Apple iTunes store click here if you can use it in the UK, I don't know.

Comes with a free download for Windows, and a very nice, easy to use, musc player.

feb 23:11 19 Jan 04

Hi ennuye
Am I reading it right? Is that £1 per track or £1 per album?

Sheila-214876 00:06 20 Jan 04

feb. If you are looking at Virgin I think it is 80p per track, which to me is a lot of money if you want a full CD. Quite apart from the fact that there isn't anything on there that I want anyway. Probably works out cheaper to buy the CD in the first place.

Inigo 08:49 20 Jan 04

iTunes store will be coming to the UK fairly soon - expect it in a couple of months or so.

The problem with legit downloads at the moment is the format - if it's WMA, then it's not going to play on an Apple iPod or in iTunes, and if it's AAC then no other player than the iPod can play it, afaik. Plus WMA tends to have nasty DRM (i.e. only one or two PCs can play it).

Personally, until the playing field gets levelled (expect a fair amount of the music stores online to shut down, as it isn't very profitable - even iTunes music store is barely breaking even, and that's the biggest) I'd just stick to buying CDs, which you can then rip to MP3, or whatever format comes out on top.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…