Muscimatch - added MP3 files unplayable

dave01_uk 13:07 13 Jul 04

I have Musicmatch 8 running on XP Home. If i download MP3's (of course i do not condone or encourage this kind of activity) or RIP music to my hard drive under any of the user accounts they for some reason cannot be played in Muscimatch when logged in under a different user account!!
the files are stored in c:\Program Files\Musicmatch\MP3 CollectionAnd all the user accounts are administrative accounts.
It seemds to me that it is something to do with file ownership but under XP Home edition I cant manage that as in Pro edition., but then I could be very wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this problem is driving me mad (or more the other people who have accounts and cant access my music)!!

Cheers

dave01_uk 14:30 13 Jul 04

BUMP

SEASHANTY 15:17 13 Jul 04

My Musicmatch Jukebox installation is stored in C programme files but the MP3 files created by MMJB are stored in My Music. Perhaps access in tied to the user name. Cannot check as I am the only one
using this PC. Just the one account.

dave01_uk 15:39 13 Jul 04

I previously tried storing them in c:\documents and settings\all users\shared music
Had no luck with that directory either. One thing I didnt try was to see if another user can access the files directly and play them with another media player

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…