MUP.sys problems with Windows XP

Bill2000 19:40 03 Dec 05

I have been trying to run Windows XP with a 2800 Pentium 4 on a ASROCK P4VT8 Motherboard. I am using 1mb of RAM and a 120mb SATA H/Drive. The Graphics card is a Saphire Radeon 9200 Atlantis. When I install Windows XP Professional everyting runs OK for a couple of weeks or so and then the computer locks up at a file called MUP.sys or at least, that is the last file I can see that has loaded when I start Windows via a controlled boot-up. I originally thought the problem was with Service Pack 2 so this time, I didn't install it and just used XP in it's original format and still got the problem after a couple of weeks. The computer is not connected to the Internet and has never been connected, so the fault is not coming that way.

I have checked to see if there is an updated BIOS but I am using the latest i.e. Version 1.3. There is a section on ASROCK site that lists a P4VT8+ motherboard and the BIOS for this board has had a number of updates but I don't know what the difference is between the P4VT8 and the P4VT8+ and my enquiries to ASROCK got no response at all.

I have contacted ASROck but as is often usual with companies these days, all I recieved from them was the standard e-mail saying how important my e-mail was but they never botherd to reply to it. If I can't sort this out, my only option will be to replace the Motherboard and never buy an ASROCK product again.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks Bill

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:44 03 Dec 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…