multiplying partitions??????????????????????

Padawan 11:04 31 Oct 04

Help.......
It always goes wrong when santa is due.
My pc is running xp pro and the thing is it seems i have 3 partitions. 1 for xp pro, 1 for win98 and 1 for xp pro set up. I obviously dont need 98 or the set up so how do i rid of them completely???????????????????????????????????
Thanx for any help offered

Diodorus Siculus 11:54 31 Oct 04

Are you in the mood for a complete reinstall of XP from scratch? - seems to me that is the best way to go.

jimv7 12:28 31 Oct 04

I agree with Diodorus Siculus, then you can, with the aid of the xp disk delete or format partitions as you require prior to loading xp.

pj123 13:54 31 Oct 04

Or you could download Ranish free from click here and repartition your hard disk how you want it.

Nosmas 14:03 31 Oct 04

Sorry but I don't quite understand "it seems i have 3 partitions. 1 for xp pro, 1 for win98 and 1 for xp pro set up".

Surely the 'extra' partitions didn't suddenly appear of their own accord? Either they have always been on the system or you (or someone) has created them. You don't say whether your data files are stored on yet another partition of if they are also on the partition holding XP Pro. If the latter beware of re-installing XP Pro until you have backed up those files to somewhere safe.

Padawan 20:19 31 Oct 04

iwhen i say it appears i have 3 partitions i should have also said its a 2nd hand pc i am using. The thing is i have also got things like dvd ripper and such others that i dont want to lose. So if i re-install from scratch i will lose them wont i. Complete novice me, so please be explanitry cheers :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…