Multiple windows problem when browsing

panhandle 14:12 12 Dec 04

For some reason, unless I right click a URL and select 'open in new window', all new pages open in the window I am viewing, so I cannot minimise a page/site and go look at another site without doing the right click.
This has just happened, how/where do I change settings to get back to normal browsing & multiple windows please?

Stuartli 14:19 12 Dec 04

Many websites use a link to take you to another website but in the same window - just hit Back to return to the original.

Or get Firefox 1.0 and enjoy the benefits of being able to use tabs...:-)

panhandle 14:30 12 Dec 04

I do need to switch between several active pages/sites eg different bank accounts, so need to get back where I was.
Now Firefox/tabbing I have had good reports, may try it after IE is sorted

Stuartli 14:35 12 Dec 04

Firefox 1.0 well worth a try - tabbing is extremely effective.

For instance I have the HelpRoom and CustomerWatch pages tabbed and can switch/reload between them effortlessy.

panhandle 15:30 12 Dec 04

.............restore defaults was not the answer, 'group similar' not checked anyway.I thinkl I'll download firefox now and join the goring army of defetors.
Thanks for the recommendation.!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…