Multiple Windows opening out of control

Halmer 19:00 07 Jan 03
  Halmer 19:00 07 Jan 03

When I tried to view a response to my last thread via the e-mail link my PC ended up opening multiple windows saying something like 'take a look at this offer' at the top of it.

Thought I'd got a virus for a minute or two. Can anyone explain why this might happen please. I had to reboot my PC twice to stop it happening.

Foolsbane_1 19:27 07 Jan 03

Sounds like a pop-up storm but I don't think PCA go in for that sort of thing. Are you certain you clicked on the link to the PCA site and not a different one which might have been included in the email?

Halmer 20:37 07 Jan 03

so I can't test it.

It would have been unusual for me to click on the wrong link twice tho'

It happened after the PCA log in screen came up and I pressed the 'Log In' button.

May have been coincidence. Seems fine now. Must have opened thirty windows tho. Frightened me to death! Had to reboot the PC.

I also had an error message the first time along the lines of 'someone else is using the telephone connection' God knows who that is!!

Anator11 20:40 07 Jan 03

make sure you delete unwanted cookies in the temporary internet files folder every now and then, as these can trigger pop ups

hellred 10:30 08 Jan 03

Just hold down the CTRL Key and press W repeatetly untill the popups are closed and you wont have to re-start the PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…