Multiple windows open but not wanted

bearface 11:51 05 Sep 08

My internet home page is uk.msn.com. When I click on the Hotmail sign-in on the right hand side of my home page it opens a new window for my sign-in box. When I sign in it then reverts to the uk.msn.com window with the contents of the hotmail inbox visible on the right hand side of the screen. When I then click on the inbox it displays my inbox on a full screen in yet another window.
Consequently when I read my email I now have three windows open which is a nuisance.
Does anyone know a cure for this, please?

anskyber 12:02 05 Sep 08

Are you on IE7?

If so choose tools > internet options > advanced tab then choose reuse windows for launching shortcuts. Apply and close.

anskyber 12:21 05 Sep 08

If you are using tabbed browsing then in internet options, general tab > settings under tabs and select let IE decide for pop ups and new tab in same window for links. Again apply close.

bearface 14:45 06 Sep 08

Thanks for the advice. It has resolved the problem. The only issue I have as a result of doing this is that when I follow a link which is embedded in an email it uses the same window so when I close the link it also closes my email!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now