Multiple Users on XP

Goodtime 19:09 22 Mar 05

Hello all,

Anyone know how i get other users that arent administrators access to my internet connection. As when my other half tries to conect it says she doesnt have the right permissons.

Any help appreciated.

John

bionicle 20:10 22 Mar 05

Click on start while you are off-line.
Click on 'connect to'-i.e. your ISP.
You should then bring up a dialogue box with an option to use the ISP connection for yourself only or alternatively anyone who uses the computer. Check the appropriate box.

Goodtime 20:52 23 Mar 05

I havent go "click on". I should have mentioned its a broad band connection, so it connects automatically. Also I am running my connection through a netgear wireless router.
Is there anywhere else that I can look for the settings to make it connect with any user?
ANy further help would be apprectiated.

Much thanks in advance.

John

Jackcoms 21:19 23 Mar 05

You will probably have a shortcut to your ADSL modem in C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\ Start Menu\Programs\Start Up.

Move that shortcut to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Start Up.

Terry Brown 21:20 23 Mar 05

Are you sure that the network is correctly setup?.Open Control Panel, select network set up, follow the prompts to create a network disk (1 floppy required),insert this into the other machine and run the network program. This should cure the problem

Goodtime 22:21 24 Mar 05

No settings in start up folder apart from a short cut to interent explorer, as i have just formatted, could that be it?

Terry.
I dont have a true network set up, just the one laptop that I tend to move around the house a lot. My other half wants to get online with her own profile "just as a user not an administrator as she buggers stuff up!"

I am running xp not proffesional.

I'm sure this is one of those really easy things to do, just need to figure out how to do it!

Many thanks in advance.

John

Strawballs 23:03 24 Mar 05

Is there a reason that you can't make your other arf an administrator then she will be able to connect no prob (had the same prob)

Goodtime 03:53 25 Mar 05

My other half has a tendency to change settings, just to see what they do! So no way can I make her an administrator. How did you solve your prob?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now