Multiple Trojan horse attacks

Kate B 11:59 27 Feb 04

I logged on at home this morning to listen to the radio on the internet and by the time I shut down the PC to come to work 90 minutes later I'd had seven attempts to connect via the Bla Trojan horse, mostly from the same PC in Madrid.

Should I worry about this? Is it malicious? Should I report it to this user's ISP?

Norton Internet Security alerted me every time (at least I assume it did!) My AV definitions and other settings ar all up to date.

Jester2K 12:08 27 Feb 04

NIS has done its job. Ignore - 99% sure its nothing of the sort....

Kate B 12:13 27 Feb 04

Thanks for the reassurance, Jester. I'm kind of interested, though, in why I should suddenly get so many attempts from the same 'puter. Any thoughts?

Jester2K 12:19 27 Feb 04

Probably just some sort of communication between your PC and another. Because it occurs on a certain port NIS will get all excitied and flag it as a TROJAN ATTACK. Unless you have the "server" part of the Trojan installed there's no reason why someone would try to connect to your PC at random like that.....

NIS trying to justify itself.... Switch the alerts off and relax...

Check click here but i bet your not infected...

Jester2K 12:20 27 Feb 04

and read the threat assesment on that page....

cycoze 12:27 27 Feb 04

click here for an explanation (let the page finish loading as the link will take you to the appropriate part of the page).

For more info have a look at click here for the complete Firewall forensics page .

Nothing to worry about Kate B , worth noting as well that the machine doing the scanning may be an exploited machine running as a robot .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…