Multiple Spyware/Ad-aware program installation.

Joeyace 10:32 07 May 05

After reading the section in this months issue of PC Advisor reference "Spyware stoppers" it has made me even more aware of the everyday threat we are prone to being connected to the www.I am currently using Ad-aware se personal and Aluria Spyware eliminator.After viewing the results and seeing that Spyware eliminator came in a very dissapointing 8th place, I would like to know if I could install the excellent Counterspy + Spybot Search and Destroy, but! also keep Spyware eliminator because of it's quote " Unique blacklist of offending sites & Activex controls".Is there information about any conflicts between these programs working in unison? I am currently using WXP Home with SP1.

Joe R 10:34 07 May 05

Joeyace,

It would not be a problem running multi programs of these kind.

I myself run Adaware, Spybot S&D, and spywareblaster.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:04 07 May 05

To avoid conflicts the rule is:-

1 firewall

1 Antivirus program

and as many spyware detectors as you wish

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:09 07 May 05

AVG or any free AV, any old firewall (free no point in paying), Ccleaner and MS Antispy are all you will ever need.

G

Completealias 17:11 07 May 05

I would add MS antispyware to the list as well, but yes you are fine to run as many anti spyware apps as u wish

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…