multiple problems in xp - about to loose everythin

bta1 10:28 20 Mar 04

Recently i installed a dvd +r writer. It caused all kinds of problems. Applications stopped working, Nero rebelled, my cdrw stopped reading disks and my computer wouldn't turn off. It wouldn't leave the desktop screen. I didn't come with any software as it was a cheap one.

I've run norton, no virus, i have tried restore but it wont restore anything. I have done disk clean up and i have run spybot. Nothing works.

I've removed the dvd writer and put the computer back the way it was but still nothing is working. It wont let me defrag either.

My copmuter came with XP already installed, and a DISE disk which i am lead to believe will return my computer to the state it was in when i brought it. If this is true i am going to do this, BUT i have mountains of files, mp3's videos applicatinos on my hard disk that i will loose so before i do this, does anyone have any ideas about what i can fo to fix my machine.

Diodorus Siculus 11:43 20 Mar 04

If not too late, I would suggest that you try to use a USB pen drive to save your files seems that you cannot get a CD-R to work. Is that possible?

What about a second partition - do you have one on which you can store files?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…