Multiple previous threads - click heres

pj123 23:06 15 Sep 03

To refer someone to a previous thread with a "click here" is simple, but how do you refer to multiple previous threads, so that you get click here, click here, click here etc... not forgetting that copy and paste only works one at a time? Do you type up the response in Word and then copy each thread separately and paste the Word doc into the response, or is there an easier way?

leo49 23:10 15 Sep 03

I just open multiple windows and paste them into the one I'm typing in.

leo49 23:19 15 Sep 03

Come to think of it, as long as you're sure you've got the right thread, say in My Postings or in a list of searches, then it's not necessary to open the window merely rightclick and copy shortcut.

Forum Editor 23:27 15 Sep 03

Have one with your response, and one with the other threads. Then navigate through the multiple set of threads, copying and pasting the urls into your response.

Or

Type your response into a text editor, add the urls and then paste into the forum response panel. Adjust the formatting and send it on its way. It almost takes less time to do it than it does to explain it.

wee eddie 23:28 15 Sep 03

Right click >> Help Room >> Open in New Window

>> browse till you come to the one you want >> Copy it >> Minimise Window >> Paste into your response >> Restore Window

>> Repeat action as often as you wish >> I have Google open in a minimised window at the moment, as it is useful to Search while I am reading a thread.

wee eddie 23:29 15 Sep 03

Pipped by FE - must be something there!!!!!

pj123 23:44 15 Sep 03

Thanks everyone. I have just worked out how to open multiple windows and get back to the one I started with. Before I always logged out then logged back in again, find the previous thread done a copy then logged out again and back in and pasted it in to the thread I was responding to. Two short planks don't come in to it.

pj123 23:49 15 Sep 03

wee eddie No, not too late because your response has shown me how to open another website as well as having PCA Forum running. Thank you.

leo49 23:59 15 Sep 03

If you want another browser window open, just press Control + n

wee eddie 05:57 16 Sep 03

What a Star

Peverelli 10:38 16 Sep 03

Or, hold the shift button while you click on a link, will open it in a new window.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos