Multiple Network Cards

Min Clifford 12:24 19 May 03

Hi,
If I added a second network card to my computer could I then connect it to another network, or can you only have one card and one network? I am running Windows ME.

Many thanks

NadineCoyleRocks 15:11 19 May 03

I dont think ME supports multiple domains

BlueMeanie 20:23 21 May 03

Hi
I run Windows 98 SE, and have 2 network cards installed. The first one (that is in use at present) is used to connect to a router (with other PC's) and then onto NTL broadband. The second card is used to connect to another PC

This set up enables internet safety.

No problems what so ever.

Min Clifford 20:35 21 May 03

Hi, thanks for the responses. I've been able to do what I wanted to do!

I had two computers, one connected to broadband through a network card to a router. I then had a second computer which I wanted to connect to the broadband internet and the first computer. So I added a second network card to the first computer and ran internet connection sharing. I then linked this to the second computer with a network cross over cable. All works as I wanted to.

So in response to my question, I think you can have two network cards in a Win ME computer.

A tick in the box I think!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…