multiple monitors

woody 23:56 13 Jan 07

I use two screens with XP home but could not load vista although the program from MS suggested it should load.
Has anyone tried more than one screen with vista?
PCI express cards can feed two screens(XP) but as PCI (not express) cards are getting rare how do we feed say three or four screens?

tarkus 09:12 14 Jan 07

Hi
if you are using 2 x PCI cards in Vista they must be exactly the same chipset type, IE both Nvidia or both Radeon you cant have one nvidia and one radeon.
i currently run 3 19" Samsung TFT's from 2 x Radeon x1950 512mb PCI-x cards on Vista with no problems.
If you are not into playing games then i would strongly sugest that you have a look at the Matrox range of graphics cards they are all multi monitor suport and are all available in PCI, AGP, and PCI-x some of them are quad head cards ie 4 x monitors from same card)

woody 10:09 19 Jan 07

Thank you Tarus.
If the pci express is only used for one monitor - will it be able to use all the 512mb for itself?
I am thinking that will be the centre screen and the other two - which are used for ref material - will share the other card - 256mb each.

a.j.cox 18:02 10 Apr 07

I have looked at the help within Windows and it says to add multiple monitors then I should go into Display and click on Setting and I should be able to see two screens - from there I should be able to select the primary screen and secondary screen etc. However when I go to setting I can only see one screen. Can anyone tell me why this is - why do I not have the option to select the multiple screen functionality. I have a Samsung V25 laptop using a Intel (R)82845G/GL/PE/GV Graphics controller. Any assistance would be appreciated

woody 19:32 10 Apr 07

A.J.Cox
Do you have a card that is dual screen ie two outlets or are you using the laptop as the main PC and then need another outlet for another screen?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…