Multiple monitors

Sealer 13:13 19 Jan 05

No I dont have Multiple monitors but windows thinks I have 4 default monitors and 1 plug and play.. I have deleted then in the device manager and tried to add new hardware but all of them are detected and installed??? :XP Home/SP2 Mitac lcd monitor GEForce FX5600 adaptor. Any Ideas Please

Technotiger 13:19 19 Jan 05

Hi, just guessing, but could possibly be spyware, would suggest you run any spyware prog that you have.

click here

or you may need to delve into the Registry :-(
someone more knowledgable than I, would have to help you there though if that is the case.

Cheers.

Sealer 13:24 19 Jan 05

I run Spyware checkers like clockwork: Adaware/No adaware & even M/softs own newbie, any other ideas?

Technotiger 13:32 19 Jan 05

Hi, other than what I have already suggested, have you tried a Restore to a point when all was ok? If that doesn't work, then it would look like A Registry job :( which I am not qualified to advise you on - though I am sure there are others here who can.

Cheers.

Sealer 13:36 19 Jan 05

A restore point would be great if i knew how long this had been going on. Also I can only restore for the last couple of weeks for some reason or another, Still thats another problem. Thanks anyway

FelixTCat 16:05 19 Jan 05

Update your raphics driver

Sealer 18:09 19 Jan 05

Sorry no offence meant :-} Have just downloaded new drivers. Lets see what occours

Sealer 19:43 19 Jan 05

Just uninstalled graphics drivers and reinstalled the latest one from manufacturers. Uninstalled all monitors in device manager, Rebooted only to find 3 default monitors and 1 plug & play monitor. None of the monitors are my Mitac LCD....Grrrr dont you just love it?

Technotiger 20:11 19 Jan 05

Me again - just a thought, but have you tried Disk Cleanup, a Scan and Defrag? Maybe too simple?

Cheers.

Sealer 20:15 19 Jan 05

Yeah have tried that, Its not so much of a problem(I dont think) but more like a annoyance.

Technotiger 20:17 19 Jan 05

OK - if I think of anything else I will let you know.

Bye for now.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…