Multiple hard drive problem

tel3563 21:00 30 Dec 05

I am running a Sony Vaio with 2 hard drives, c is 25 gig and d is 120 gig.
Over the months i have stupidly loaded every bit of software i have had onto C, now C is full and i'm stuggling to copy some of the software over to d, some of the files go missing and the software won't work properley (most worrying is ms office which is driving me mad)
Am I missing a point, is there an easy way, please if you can advise i will be eternally grateful,
TIA Tel

woodchip 21:14 30 Dec 05

Yes you cannot move programs from one drive to another you have to reload them and choose custom install, then choose the other drive to load to. You may need to create empty folders on it to load programs into like a Program Files folder

Zeppelyn 21:17 30 Dec 05

I think yes, are you simply copying your C:\Progam Files to D: as this will not work. There are all sorts of registry entries that will now be incompatible. Try reinstalling Office but make sure the install points to D:\Program Files. You will have to do this for others but I would reinstall frequently used first. Also you can move My Documents etc. to D: to clear space.

tel3563 21:45 30 Dec 05

hmmm
bit too late, can't get office cd back and all other programmes giving me some problems, now i know i've done wrong is there anything that i can do??? When I was copying the files over when i thought it was completed correctly, I deleted the files in C (hmmm), I think i may have messed up big time??
Is it a throw out of window and buy a new one scenario or is there hope, cheers Tel

Zeppelyn 22:37 30 Dec 05

seems like to lat, are files still in recycle bin or deleted.

tel3563 22:45 30 Dec 05

when i realised what i had done i restored all files from the recycle bin, this has not solved the office problem, i can access office programmes but before it keeps telling me to install or its going to install, very annoying with every offcie programme, i now have office on my computer in 3 different places, any help?
tel

Zeppelyn 22:52 30 Dec 05

seems like to late, are files still in recycle bin or deleted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…