Multiple Downloads

imzy 20:56 24 Mar 04

Hi there.

I am starting to get quite frustrated when downloading multipe files. I have broadband anf feel that 2 downloads at the same time is not enought.

I read an article in PCA about incrasing this number to 10. However, when I went into the registry and to internet settings, it did not give me the option to "add value" to it. It has "string value" and "Binary Value" under the "New" submenu but no Add Value.

Am i doing somethig wrong, or can anyone suggest another way to download multipe files at the same time. (I anm running Windows XP)

Any help greatly appreciated

Craigmave 20:58 24 Mar 04

you could try a download manager like FlashGet. I use this and it is very good. What it does is it gets the file, splits it into 5 pieces so all the bits download faster then puts them back together again at the end.

Hope this helps.

GaT7 21:10 24 Mar 04

Is a bit misleading. I've just done a check in my own Registry & can confirm it is add New 'Binary Value'. Make the necessary changes, reboot & see if it works, i.e., more than 2 downloads at a time. If not post back.

muppetmark 21:16 24 Mar 04

Before making any changes back up the registry first

navigate to
HKCU\software\microsoft\windows\current version\internet settings

click edit, in this menu click 'NEW'

from this menu choose DWORD-value (is this option missing ?)

look click here

imzy 21:23 24 Mar 04

Thanks guys but I am still confused.
Crossbow7 says open "Binary Value" and muppetmark says DWord Value. Which one is it??!?!!?

Also, on the Microsoft page explaing how to do this it has two lines woth of information to put in. Are these two seperate codes to be entered seperatly or do you enter the whole thing in one go.

Any Help?

muppetmark 21:23 24 Mar 04

"new" menu click here

imzy 21:30 24 Mar 04

Ok, so its definently DWord Value. So how do you enter:

Is it 2 seperate codes do you you enter it all at the same time.

ANy help appreciated.

GaT7 21:32 24 Mar 04

Sorry about that - muppetmark is right - is DWord Value.

Post back & let's know how you got on...

GaT7 21:33 24 Mar 04

2 separate codes I believe

muppetmark 21:46 24 Mar 04

create the Dword values make sure the capitals are there

then on each value in the right hand pane

right click > modify> hexadecimal

enter 0000000a in the box

muppetmark 21:48 24 Mar 04

only modify the 2 above listed Dword values

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…