Multiple copies made when selecting using ctrl key

oldflyer 11:42 30 Jan 04

I get multiple copies of files when selecting using the ctrl key. Getting copy of-/copy of copy of-/copy of copy of copy of-/ etc.
I use AVG which is updated weekly. EVERY system check ALWAYS says 'VIRUS DETECTED'-healed OK.
The virus'healed' is C:\Program Files\EHC\HC2\PRINTERS\TROUBLESHOOTING\IMAGES\ep1.bmp.shs
I have switched off system restore,checked for viruss' and switched system restore back on to no avail.
The problem surfaced when using Explore to transfer files - but has also surfaced when copying items in Publisher - always whe using the ctrl key.
Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

Big Elf 11:57 30 Jan 04

Do you have an Epson printer? I'm wondering if that is one of the files it uses. Maybe AVG is being overzealous with this because of the seemingly double file extension?

click here is an article on stealth executables.

Big Elf 11:58 30 Jan 04

P.S. I would check for AVG updates at least once a day. There's been 3 or 4 updates in the last couple of days.

Megatyte 12:04 30 Jan 04

When selecting using the Ctrl key make sure that you don't move the mouse while the button is depressed. You are in effect doing a drag and drop (Ctrl forces a copy).

AH

oldflyer 14:36 31 Jan 04

Thanks for your replies - problem still exists (in fact the system will give hundreds of copies if you are not very watchfull!) It has been suggested that I invest in the latest version of Norton to see if that will solve the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…